As far as how to prepare your mixes, just make them sound the best you can! Here is a list of tips and requirements:
We must receive your mixes at least one business day before your session so that we can organize, load, and check them. If your mixes are not here that far ahead, we may have to reschedule your session.
- Please leave a little head room (3 to 5 dB) so that Joe has some room to work/process.
- Keep the mixes in the native sample rate you've been working in and keep the bit rate high (24 bit). INCLUDE the sample rate and bit depth in the documentation.
- 96kHz/24bit stereo interleaved .wav files are preferred.
- To send mix files please email firstname.lastname@example.org to get our FREE and EASY to use drag and drop delivery.
- Name each file with the song name and version. You may include vocal up and vocal down mixes, but please label them as such.
- Leave 5 seconds of silence/room tone before and after each song.
- Do your own fade outs -- and still add 5 seconds of silence.
- If you, as the engineer, provided the artist with limited/compressed mixes to listen to, please provide them to us so Joe knows what the artist has been listening to.
- PLEASE LABEL EVERYTHING
- Provide the final track list in order and an ISRC for each song if you are using them. Please visit usisrc.org for an explanation of and application for ISRCs.
- Indicate who the contact is for the project and their contact info including phone and email.